It is just the twentieth day of the month and you are wondering where all the money has disappeared? Thinking back you can count maybe two or three major expenses, but it still doesn’t sum up to the large hole in your wallet??!! Doesn’t this sound familiar? How many times have we all felt this, however how many of us really keep track of how we are managing our hard earned money.
We have gradually transformed from a generation of great savers to a generation of great spenders. Over the years the country has witnessed a sea change in the income patterns and subsequently a change in lifestyles and spending patterns too. Our parents followed the age old tradition of starting their careers and retiring from the same organization. Living their lives by the ‘save for the future’ mantra, most luxuries would be attained late in life. For example, most would build a house after crossing the ‘mature’ 50+ age bar. Today’s double income couples however, start paying their EMIs for a car, house etc. much earlier. Better incomes, frequent job changes and keeping one ‘happening’ in the social circle with material achievements are the benchmarks of success. The more complex money matters become, the need for managing it prudently becomes obligatory.
This is true for everyone from students managing limited pocket money to newlyweds learning to run a household to businessmen handling multiple bank accounts or retired persons utilizing their old-age pension optimally. Personal Finance management is required to primarily understand your own money. It could be anything from buying a car, house , gadget in installments or starting a family, planning a vacation ,and saving up for rainy days when there’s a recession in the market. Whatever the case may be you need to know how and where your money comes from and where all it goes. This analysis is necessary for the users to prioritize their expenditure heads, be it necessities or luxuries.
Such examination of personal finance is required even more with the current rise in prices for every commodity or service. Modern day parents might gift credit cards to their kids; still it is mandatory to keep a tab on how the child actually spends the money. You may consider this example an extravagance, but consider this. Even basic requirements like education have become a costly affair. We may laugh at a parent lamenting the College Entrance fee of her child being more than her total expenses in three years of college education. But soon we shall be paying for our child’s kinder garden school entrance fee which will be more than the sum total spend on our entire education!
Grim as this seems, sweat not, because this is where the angels of web based tools and services for personal finance management come in to relieve us from our predicament. Even if you are a disciplined individual keeping track of all your money matters, regular manual tracking has its own limitations. PERFIOS being user friendly for people even from a non-finance background, managing personal finance online seems a cakewalk. Devoid of confusing technical jargon, this online service aids you in taking control of your own money, just the way you want it.
Salient features of Perfios (Personal Finance One Stop)
- First and foremost feature – it’s FREE for all and the best part – it ask for only one email id to register. Yes that’s right, no other personal Information asked for – not even your name.
- It has an Auto Update facility for almost every Bank! Be it your Bank account, Credit Cards, Mutual Funds accounts, Demat accounts or for that matter even ULIP (Insurance) accounts can be auto updated at Perfios. Meaning, you need to login to Perfios ONLY to see the transactions of all your financial accounts.
- Now comes the questions of security – Perfios is certified by the world leaders Trust Guard and VeriSign. Over and above that Perfios never stores any passwords/ID on their servers. The credentials gets encrypted and stored in YOUR machine only.
- Other than Automatic updates of your accounts, Perfios has a unique feature of Statements upload and emails. This feature enables a user to simply upload any E-statement which he would be received from any Bank, AMC, broker and Perfios would automatically convert that file (could be any kind of file – pdf, excel, html, zip) into a Perfios format and update your respective account!
- You can use Perfios to generate multiple reports – more than 20 ways in which you can slice and dice your data. Tells you how much you have been spending on fuel, grocery etc. Calculates your Capital Gains etc automatically.
- Perfios is all about automatic updates – it even categorizes your banks and credit card transactions automatically, like – telephone, grocery, gift, electronics etc.
- With all the accounts set up, Perfios also computes Income Tax automatically.
Much more to explore at Perfios Website
This tool shows a true picture of expenditure trends of an individual or family across months/years or across various heads thus providing useful insights into unnecessary wastage’s which can be cut down or streamlined. Keeping the above in mind, just go ahead and make friends with this online tool and let it manage all your finance in one place without any loose ends, smartly and securely. And before long, you shall discover that your dream vacation is not unaffordable any more. In fact, your judicious money management is already yielding some golden eggs and it’s time to just sit back and enjoy them! This is sure to make you independent in the true sense of the word i.e. ‘financially independent.’
Hemant Beniwal: This post is written by PERFIOS team. Other than superb FREE for life version they also have premium versions with additional features like SMS Alerts, perfios mobile, income tax wizard & few other useful tools.
Get a FREE Platinum plan from Perfios (Worth Rs 1499)
PERFIOS has generously agreed to gift 5 Platinum plans worth Rs 1499 each to The Financial Literates (TFL) readers:
How to win it?
Simply fulfill these 2 criteria
2. You have to share this post on your Facebook Wall or Tweet it. If you don’t use Facebook or Twitter you can just send this post to your 10 friends through mail.
Few more points:
- Leave a comment on this post that you have shared it – which is important for me to add your name to list.
- I will close this contest at 5 PM IST on 5th May 2011. I will keep updating the list on regular basis and select winners through random.org. We will announce 5 lucky winners on 6th May.
- If you don’t see value in the newsletter or Facebook update then you can always unsubscribe later.
- Premium Plan charges are Rs 1499/year.
- Winners can be asked for screenshots of what they have shared.
In case if you have some query regarding Perfios or this offer please ask.
This is our first giveaway on TFL – if we will see good response we will try to bring few more here. All the best.