Financial Planning Infographics

Rubik’s cube (puzzle cube/magic cube) has an excellent resemblance to our lives – in particular our financial lives.  It is clear that in order to solve a Rubik’s cube puzzle you need to acquire a certain skill set. The irony is that although each puzzle has one solution only, to set it straight you should have a thorough knowledge of other aspects too. In life, to achieve your goals, you need to know about both personal finance concepts and financial planning too. This Financial Planning Infographics talks about:

• Parts of your Financial Puzzle
  • What you wish & reality
  • Problems people face at different stages of life
  • Misconceptions about financial planning
  • How financial planning can help

Note: This week world celebrated 40th Anniversary of Rubik’s Cube – Erno Rubik (Hungarian architect) invented this in 1974. “If you are curious, you’ll find the puzzles around you,” Erno Rubik, now 69, has said. “If you are determined, you will solve them.” I was so impressed with this guy & the puzzle that Rubik’s cube actually become base of my “Financial Life Planning” book that was published by CNBC. (I am republishing this post after 1 year) In the end of this post I have shared first page of my book 🙂

Financial Planning Infographics

Financial Planning Infographics

First Page of my “Financial Life Planning”  book – Rubik’s cube 🙂

Financial Life Planning Book

If you like Financial Planning Infograbhics – must share it with your friends.

PS: If you have read my book “Financial Life Planning” – I will love to see your review here – link http://goo.gl/VUIVb

• Ajeeth boaz May 28, 2013, 11:58 AM

Nice post, very well expressed pictorially. Is there a service which does this..

• Hemant Beniwal June 7, 2013, 7:47 AM

Hi Ajeeth,
      You can search for some practicing cfp at your location.

• Anurag May 28, 2013, 12:35 PM

Good article. With financial planning one feels secure about meeting your life goals and confident about facing any financial risks in life. Its a new way of living life and I hope middle class Indians discover it as soon as possible.

Anurag

• Hemant Beniwal June 7, 2013, 7:51 AM

Hi Anurag,
      I think people have already started showing interest in financial planning… I believe it will gain pace with new regulation that is coming in.

• Mahesh May 23, 2014, 8:43 PM

Thanks a lot for all your posts…. they are really very informative.
        Just wanted to check which “new regulation” are you referring to in the response above

BR
        Mahesh

• rahul chindaliya May 28, 2013, 1:14 PM

Kudos for the magnificient work. The thought process involved behind this infographic must have been with an Bird’s eye view. Very simple to understand and relate to daily life.

• sandip khandge May 28, 2013, 1:43 PM

Nice article, It provides the exact information and picture about life with financial planning. Every one should do financial planning, goals can be achieved effeciently with financial planning. I have also to do the financial plan,, but have lot of questions in mind – How to start, where to start, who is best financial planner, Can decisions taken by financial planner are reliable. Please guide me in this.

• Hemant Beniwal June 7, 2013, 7:59 AM

Hi Sandip,
      As you are reading this – you have already started.
      Best planner is a myth… Is there any best doctor.. I don’t ask my doctor if he’s the “best” at anything. I ask if he can cure me. If I recover, then the doctor was well suited to my needs. I think same thing applies with financial planning.

• Ravi May 28, 2013, 1:46 PM

Very nice article sir, after reading this article people will understand what is actually financial planning and what does a financial planner do.

• bal sachin gupta May 28, 2013, 5:47 PM

Hi Hemant excellent article on imp of Financial Planning

• Hitesh Thakkar May 28, 2013, 6:03 PM

Sir,
    you are doing great job, previously i dont look about this subject very seriously but after readings your great diffrent articales, i really understand the importans of systamatic financial planing in our life,
    to maintain our self healthy we are regulary following exercises & strict dieat likewise to enrich our financial health a discpline & systamatic financial planing must required, thanks for your kind self sir for sharing your great knowledge & awakening about the financial plannig importance in our life.

• Hemant Beniwal June 7, 2013, 8:17 AM

Hi Hitesh,
      Good to hear that our articles are helpful in someway 🙂

• santosh May 28, 2013, 9:15 PM

thank you sir ! very well explained through diagrams and pictures , really appreciable 🙂 🙂

• Anil Bhatt May 29, 2013, 5:42 AM

Dear Sir,
    one msg share with you. please guide me. Is true?
    DHFL cumulative Fix Deposits scheme 14 month 10.76%. 40 month 10.75% . Min Amt 50,000

• Vikas September 22, 2013, 12:03 PM

Hi Anil,

You can check with respective companies for any corporate FDs related details. But do evaluate the risk return characteristics before investing.

• Syed Moosa May 29, 2013, 10:15 AM

Dear Mr. Hemanth,

Thanks a lot for such a nice article. It gives an in-depth analysis of the financial planning.

Syed Moosa

• Mudrika prasad patel May 31, 2013, 6:47 AM

R/Sir,
    Very nice article to get peaceful life.

• anil koul May 31, 2013, 10:57 PM

yet another beautiful & creative work from tandulkar of financial planning.

• Hemant Beniwal June 7, 2013, 8:22 AM

Haha 🙂 tandulkar of fp 🙂
      Good to hear this from a financial planner. Thanks Anil.

• Veerendra Darakh June 2, 2013, 10:07 PM

I invite you to provide financial planning tips to self employed professionals like dental surgeons on the forums.

There is a special forum on MONEY MATTERS.

If you have any problems in the utilization of the forums pls do let me know.

Dr. Veerendra Darakh

• Annapurna June 3, 2013, 4:32 PM

Loved this. The graphic depiction makes the same old concept of planning and managing one’s finances interesting to read.

• Soni July 9, 2013, 1:01 PM

Awesome infographics 🙂

• SHIVAJI CHAUDHARI September 3, 2013, 9:27 AM

SIR I LIKE YOUR THIS LION ‘I DONT WORK FOR MONEY ‘BUT I DONT WORK WITHOUT MONEY,

• Vijay May 23, 2014, 10:51 AM

Its really good tips and help in planing . I big fan your articles. Picture will always has more influence then just reading. Its very good.

• Samir May 23, 2014, 11:19 AM

Too Good Hemant. Very well explained. ~Samir

• Subhash Chawan May 23, 2014, 12:28 PM

Master stoke on financial planning…We look forward to your Articles.

• Santosh Singh May 23, 2014, 12:44 PM

Very creative and interesting article my hemant sir . If 1st page was this much good, what about the whole book, i’m definitely going to read it 🙂

• Abhijit May 26, 2014, 6:41 AM

Good information in nutshell. Makes it easy to understand the need of financial planning. Thanks for sharing.

• Gnanasekaran Mani January 30, 2015, 3:44 PM

Dear Hemant, One Term Insurance Question. I have already 30 lac term insurance in Aviva ilife. Now i want to take additional 20 lac term plan from HDFC life Click 2 protect. please give me a suggestion. i want to take a separate personal accident policy also…

• Santanu February 11, 2015, 9:39 PM

This is an awesome effort. I think instead of reading many articles on financial planning one can easily follow these images and understand every aspect of personal finance planning. Good work….

• Siddhesh February 19, 2015, 6:27 PM

I can so related to the info-graphic, I always thought investment was like a formula that you need to get right to reap benefits in your later life. It was explained very nicely I have shared the link on twitter as well 🙂

• Hari April 2, 2015, 3:30 PM

I have been following you from the past 3 years. I thin i have made a lot of progress on the financial literacy though still a long way to go on the implementation part.
    Some thing that i did in the last 3 years:
    Took Term plan
    opened PPF account
    This years plan:
    Increase term plan (daughter turned 1 year old)
    Open Sukanya samruddhi account
    open NPS
    Take group health insurance.(have company’s insurance until now)
    Start SIP to MF(until now am holding stocks from 2 years mostly juggling).

The most important thing i am realizing (yet to realize fully) now is goals in life is as important as plan and Action.

• manidipa May 5, 2015, 2:53 PM

What a nice presentation. Seems like the book is having more awesome content for a beginner. Good work guys. 🙂

• Santosh May 7, 2015, 10:30 AM

Thanks for your contribution toward upgrade our financial knowledge and understanding.

I want to know how many bank account should be in a family? ( You may write an article on it.)

These are few assumptions …
    1. Every account cost aprox 200 per year ( ATM & SMS fee).
    2. No maintain minimum balance aprox 300 per quarter.
    3. Remembering ID & Password, PIN.

Few more….
    1. There are Working Men (Salary account) + House wife + 2 Kids.
    2. Income 30K to 50K from salary.
    3. Want do investment in name of both (husband & wife). you may consider kids also for investment.
    4. There should be at least 1 joint account ( preferable Public sector bank in there home town or in city there they have house).
    5. All investment account number should be secrete and safe.
    6. Need separate account for
    A. Salary account.
    B. Emergency fund
    C. Investment In Query/ Mutual funds.
    D. Investment In FD & RDs
    E. Online Bill payment, Shopping, Fund Transfer and other daily/monthly task.

looking for your response
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh

• Ajish October 28, 2015, 2:28 PM

Well, this is surely one of the best articles I have read about financial planning… mainly because it is a pictorial representation. Not boring essay.

• mamtabalani December 28, 2015, 11:54 PM

Very nice way to portray these points. Very impressive. GOOD GOING…
    Parts of your Financial Puzzle
    What you wish & reality
    Problems people face at different stages of life
    Misconceptions about financial planning
    How financial planning can help
    GOOD WORK.

• Sapna Haryanavi January 5, 2016, 10:40 AM

Great content! Really touched on some key points. Thank you!

• Dr Santosh March 11, 2016, 8:08 AM

Thanks sir

• Raj Gokul March 21, 2016, 12:31 PM

Always Image or inforgraphic speak more than words. Your Infographic did that !! Informative Image

• Puneet April 1, 2016, 9:21 PM

Very nicely written article, I love your blog. You always right very useful and informative articles, keep writing articles.

• Pradeep April 15, 2016, 4:24 PM

Good effort guys!

Very thorough work!

• Navya June 23, 2016, 6:26 PM

Really nice Infographics .very informative and useful.

• Anita October 19, 2016, 3:13 PM

Very nice Infographics, I enjoyed each and every page of the graphs. I’m impressed by your work, Keep it up..!!

• Santhosh November 25, 2016, 10:47 PM

very well pictorial representation of information, thanks for sharing

• Rishika Ahluwalia November 30, 2016, 2:36 PM

Excellent Work. Innovative info graphics, very creative and useful.